I promised the follow-up crab and barramundi ravioli and here it is! It was a cheat's version as I used store-bought egg-based wonton wrappers. It worked a treat and is a great shortcut for those of us who are time-starved... And hungry.
The filling was one I used in my last recipe for stuffed zucchini blossoms. It's a winner. The kind of filling you just eat straight out of the mixing bowl with a big spoon.
This is going to be a short post. Thank you for all your messages, comments and emails. Up next, a strawberries and cream crepe cake.
Crab and barramundi ravioli
(Serves 4 as entree or 2 as main)
FILLING150g steamed crab meat
150g steamed barramundi or white fish fillet
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 packet of square, egg-based wonton wrappers
4 handfuls of wild rocket (arugula) for garnish
Good quality extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- I used two blue swimmer crabs which I cut in half and steamed for 4-5 minutes.Transfer crabs to a plate to cool.
- Steam the barramundi or white fish fillet for 7-9 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Next, extract crab meat using a small fork and place in a bowl. Use a fork to flake the fish, being careful to discard any bones. Add fish to the crab meat. Next, add the mascarpone cheese, chives and salt and mix well.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate until needed.
- Set up ravioli-filling work station on a clear bench. Set out the square wonton wrappers on the surface and stuff with about 1 tsp of seafood filling. Be careful not to overfill the wrappers as they will burst when cooked.
- Dampen the edges of the ravioli with a little water then seal the ravioli making sure you press down around the filling to get any air bubbles out.
- Bring a large pot of salted (2 tsp) water to the boil. Gently add ravioli, about 3 at a time to the pot and cook for 1 minute or until they float to the top. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- Once all ravioli have been cooked, arrange on serving plates, top with a handful of rocket and dress with a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.